Goodman Fielder Papua New Guinea is one of PNG’s largest food companies, manufacturing and distributing high quality Flour, Stock Feed, Rice, Snacks and Bakery products throughout the country.
Well known products and brands include Flame Flour, Flame Oil, Flame Stock feed, Bilas Bread, Skel Rice, Twisties snacks, Meadow Fresh Milk and the Meadow Lea range.
AT GFI our goal is to be the leading and most innovative food company with a mission to meet our customers’ needs of superior quality foods with brands that are trusted by families everywhere. We are the go-to source of consumer, shopper and customer insights to help our customer and business partners succeed.
We are now looking for a STOREMAN to join our already strong and energetic Maintenance team based in Lae. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this role will be responsible for managing both inward and outward stock movement whilst maintaining accuracy and integrity of the store’s inventory records including all associated documentation and record keeping for audit purposes.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage all stock movements and follow through with any discrepancies that may arise
- Ensure all stock records are kept updated maintaining accuracy and any interaction required with other teams involved in the store is conducted in a professional manner
- Approve all packing slips for payment once stock has been reconciled
- Keep accurate records of all inwards and outwards inventory movements
- Process claims where required on faulty items that arrive late and or short deliveries
- Report daily to the Maintenance Manager on any issues relating to stock movements
- Keep the store room clean, tidy and dust/dirt free implementing a 5S environment
- Keep storage of stock, fixtures and fittings organised and tidy
- Contribute to a safe and healthy environment by reporting all accidents and hazards, avoiding unsafe work practices and meeting the strategies and goals of the H&S manual
To be considered for the role, you will need to have/be:
- Minimum of Grade 12 Higher School Certificate
- Computer literate in MS Word & Excel and Data Processing
- Attention to detail
- Strong documentation skills
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Organised person with an ability to be clean, neat and tidy
- 1 -2 years inventory control with Logistics, Purchasing and Inventory Systems knowledge
Be part of the Skel life and join a team that values healthy eating and active lifestyles and wants to share that with all the people of PNG.
Still interested? Send your letter of application and CV/resume with at least 2 referees to:
Goodman Fielder Papua New Guinea
- O. Box 673, Port Moresby NCD PNG
Please submit your application in either word or pdf and with only one attachment.
Applications close Friday 14th February 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About Goodman Fielder
Goodman Fielder is one of PNG’s largest food companies, manufacturing and distributing high quality Flour, Stock Feed, Snacks and Bakery products throughout the country. The company owns a host of iconic brands which include Flame Flour, Flame Stock feed, Bilas Bread, Twisties, Skel Rice and the Meadow Lea range.
At Goodman Fielder our goal is to be the leading and most innovative local food company. In reaching that goal, we are committed to helping our people achieve their professional and personal goals while contributing to the success of a high performing team. With a focus on career development, we encourage our people to reach their full potential while also demonstrating our Goodman Fielder values.
Our mission is to meet our customers’ needs for quality and nutritious everyday foods with brands that are trusted by families everywhere. Our customers and suppliers benefit from our relationships and we are the go-to source of consumer, shopper and customer insights to help our customer and business partners succeed.