I’m god fearing, honest, kind, humble, friendly, inquisitive, determined and a very good team player, have a teachable spirit and am patient. One of my strengths’ is perseverance. I believe that dreams can come through if we don’t give up that easily.
- COMPUTER SKILLS :Programs such as word
- Endnote (APA Referencing)
- Gene marker to score SSR markers
- Genome studio for scoring data from SNP (Single Nucleotide Polymorphism) chip and Mapping QTL program for linkage mapping
- GENOTYPING ASSAYS:
- PCR machines
- R-studio (Statistics)
- Taqman probes in the Light Cycler 480 machine (Real time PCR) and Gel electrophorosis method.
- use of High Resolution Melting Point (HRM) using SYBR green dye in the Lightcycler 480 machine.
MASSEY UNIVERSITY,NEW ZEALAND_NZAID PACIFIC SCHOLARSHIP
- FEB,2018- 30 AUG,2019 MASTERS IN SCIENCE_PLANT BREEDING
I’m currently coming to the completion of the Masters program. My master’s research involves the screening of genetic markers that were developed by New Zealand’s Plant and Food Research Institute’s scientists. These genetic markers were used to screen for resistance to fire blight, European canker, scab and woolly apple aphid on apples’ parental lines that will be utilized for breeding new cultivars with pyramided resistances.
2). I was able to construct a genetic linkage map using single nucleotide polymorphism markers screened over a population segregating for European canker resistance. The genetic linkage map will be used for detecting quantitative trait loci linked to resistance to this disease, and ultimately for the development of new genetic markers.
1. Joined the Palmerston North, (NZ) Adventist church members and visited the old aged homes in 2018 Christmas and brought gifts and sang x-mas corals to them.
2. I teach primary (age 5-9) sabbath school every second Saturday mornings (2018-present).
3. Helped in raising funds for Palmerston North Adventist youths triathlon making sushis to sell. In addition, helped out in fundraising for our church’s heater for the children’s sabbath schoolroom.
PACIFIC ADVENTIST UNIVERSITY
- DEC 2006-DEC 2008 GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN EDUCATION -TEACHING
DEPT.OF EDUCATION _PORT MORESBY NATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
- 03/2012-12/2017 GRADE 11/12 BIOLOGY & CHEMISTRY TEACHER
RAISED THE NUMBER OF A’S IN GRADE 12 BIOLOGY IN 2016.
EXTRA CURRICULA ACTIVITY:
-PATRON FOR POMNATHS ADVENTIST STUDENTS (2012-2014)
-ORGANIZED BSP CLEANATHON FOR PORT MORESBY NATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS TO PARTICIPATE- 2015
-ORGANIZED MEDICAL CHECKUP FOR POMNATHS TEACHERS BY INVITING DOCTOR RAPHAEL MARK FROM ST JOHN’S CLINIC TO CONDUCT CHECKUP- 2015
-TEACHER IN CHARGE FOR FIRST AID & TOOL AND CHEMICAL STOREROOM- 2013-2016 -SEEK SPONSORSHIP FOR PRISON VISIT LUNCH FOR WHOLE POMNATHS STUDENT BODY AND FETCHED SUPPORT FROM CPL GROUP OF COMPANIES. THEY PROVIDED DRINKS AND BISCUITS.- DECEMBER 2015
2012 FACILITED CHILDREN MINISTRY
MT DIAMOND ADVENTIST SECONDARY SCHOOL
- MARCH 2006-MARCH 2012 SSM-SENIOR SUBJECT MASTER (GRADE 11/12 BIOLOGY & CHEMISTRY)
1. UPNG SDA CHURCH BEGINNERS SABBATH SCHOOL CLASS TEACHER (2013-2015)
2.MT. DIAMOND ADVENTIST CHURCH SABBATH SCHOOL ASSISTANT LEADER (2010-2011)
3. INITIATED FUNDRAISING FOR THE MT. DIAMOND SCIENCE LABORATORY(2010)
4. MATRON FOR MEKEO STUDENTS –ARRANGED OUTREACH TO MEKEO” VEIFA’A VILLAGE” (2009)
5. MT. DIAMOND ADVENTIST CHURCH CLERK (2009)
6. CONDUCTED WOMEN’S LEADERSHIP SEMINAR @ MT. DIAMOND(2007)
7. MT DIAMOND CHURCH ADVENTIST YOUTH LEADER (2007)
8. CONDUCTED WOMEN’S LEADERSHIP SEMINAR @ MT. DIAMOND(2007).
9. ORGANIZED GRADE 12 BANQUET (2007)
UPNG OPEN CAMPUS
- 2012/2013 PART TIME CHIEF MARKER AND EXAM DESIGNER FOR YEAR 12 CHEMISTRY/BIOLOGY
NATIONAL AGRICULTURE RESEARCH INSTITUTE
- DECEMBER 2002-JANUARY 2003 INDUSTRIAL TRAINEE
1.CONDUCTED RESEARCH ON 1998 DROUGHT ELNINO PROJECT
– STUDIED DIFFERENT TYPES OF KAUKAUS, CASSAVA THAT COULD GROW IN THE HIGHLANDS & THE LOWLANDS. HARVESTED DIFFERENT TYPES OF KAUKAU PLANTED SPECIFICALLY TO TEST IF IT WAS ABLE TO WITHSTAND THE EL-NINO DROUGHTS.
2. INVOLVED WITH ORIBIUS WEEVIL PROJECT
IT WAS A PIONEER RESEARCH CONDUCTED BY SCIENTIST DAVID PUTULAN. WE HELPED HIM TO COLLECT DIFFERENT SPECIES OF THE WEEVIL AND STUDIED ITS BEHAVIOR.
3. STUDIED DIFFERENT PESTICIDES AND ITS EFFECTIVENESS ON CROPS.
PORGERA JOINT VENTURE ASSAY LABORATORY
- DECEMBER 2001-JANUARY 2002 INDUSTRIAL TRAINEE
1. SAMPLE PREPARATION
2. FIRE ASSAY
3. CONDUCTED TESTS ON SOIL (BLASTS) SAMPLES USING AAS SPECTROMETER TO FIND AMOUNT OF GOLD CONCENTRATION.
4. TESTED PH LEVEL OF GOLD CONCENTRATION (WET CHEMISTRY)
5. OPERATED LECO MACHINES TO FIND CONCENTRATION OF SULPHUR PRESENT IN SAMPLES TAKEN FROM THE MINE SITE.